12/09/2009

Mission "Talking Cow"



[Blogger’s choice #1: Submitted by Anonymous]

One snowy, cold night, I was walking down by the abandoned building in my neighborhood. Everyone knew this place was haunted; no one ever dared to venture past the door. Every once in a while, the kids would run up to the house and ring its door bell, just for the thrill. I was always quite curious of what was actually inside the building; I had only heard rumors. Some say the old farmer that lived there created a monster of some sort and the monster killed him and still lurks inside the dark corridors. Others say that the man was a monster himself, but only at night. I decided I would be the one to find out.

That night, I gathered up all my friends and drew out a plan to enter the mysterious house. I told my friend John that we would enter the building in the front, while my other two friends, Henry and Frank, would go through the side door. So at quarter to midnight we crept off toward the house. As planned, John and I entered first. Surprisingly, it wasn't as dark in the house as it looked. The windows were boarded up and cobwebs were everywhere. Suddenly a door flew open, releasing this horrible milky smell. John screamed as a chair went flying across the floor, and he pushed past me, out the door. I was quite frightened but I wasn't going to leave the house without knowing what happed there. So I walked through the door, covering my nose to block out the smell. I descended some creaky stairs into the basement of the old house. A light as bright as the headlights of a car hit me directly in the face. I had to shield my eyes with my other arm. As I peeked through I saw this ghostly image, it was a cow... The cow came closer to me and I noticed that the cow was actually half cow, half moose, with the head and body of a cow, and the legs and tail of a moose. I was in horror. The cow looked directly at me. "Do not fear me human, I will not hurt you," he said. "I do not know why people are so afraid to come into this place. I love humans, even the farmer who did this to me." I had to force myself to speak through my fear. "How long have you been like this?" I said. "Oh, about fifteen years. I eventually died when the farmer did. I hear rumors about this house, none of which are true," spoke the cow. "But you are a monster aren't you?" I said. "Only if that's how you view me," replied the cow. "I'd rather think of myself as quite friendly." I stood there in silence, and discovered that if this cow was truly a monster I wouldn't have survived this long. "Come with me cow, let’s go show the town who you truly are." So the cow and I walked out of the house and onto the street to meet my friends. After they stopped screaming, they also saw that the cow was nice. The cow lived happily ever after, and as the years passed more kids would go into the house and play games with the cow. Everything was just fine.


[Blogger’s choice #2: Submitted by Lauren R.]

Once upon a time, a cow gave me mad cow disease. So, I automatically began talking to all the Mad Cows. They were mad that I could talk to them, so I stopped and they got even madder because they felt lonely. So I ate them for dinner. BEST Whopper EVER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment