12/05/2009

Mission "Aliens"



[Blogger’s choice #1: Submitted by Alec C.]

One cold, dark night, I was lying in my bed wearing a polka-dotted Snuggie. Suddenly a boom ruptured my eardrums, followed by a blast of light, and my bedroom window shattering into thin air. It was my first night in my new 23rd-floor-up apartment. I live alone. I have no enemies.

The next moments were filled with TRUE silence.

BAM! My bedroom door was kicked in with such force, it soared across the room and left a 10-foot gaping hole in the wall, overlooking New York City. I jumped out of bed, and I grabbed the gun I keep in my pillowcase.

"Get back!" I warned.

The silhouette stepped out of the shadows, and my heart stopped. A 9-foot-tall man-looking creature with a large head and black eyes loomed over me, and I was near to falling to my death. I pointed my gun at his head. "Wait!" it said. "I-"

I pulled the trigger, and blasted a fist-sized hole right between its fist-sized eyes. Its eye turned a dead white and the creature fell. I backed away and watched the body fall down to the streets below. It seemed to fall forever. It landed on its gargantuan neck, snapping it, revealing a bloody bone and a bursting blood vessel.

"What have I done?" I thought. I accidentally lost control of the gun and it fell, too, to its end.


[Blogger’s choice #2: Submitted by Anonymous]

The wedding was a beautiful sight. For years the two star-crossed lovers had struggled to find each other and finally their dreams had been realized. The bride sighed happily as she looked to the sky --and was promptly crushed by a falling space craft. The wedding party screamed as the groom spontaneously combusted. A strange red light emitted from the fallen space craft and washed over the wedding party, which was suddenly overcome with cannibalistic urges. But before anybody had a chance to act on it, a blue light followed and they all began to disco dance. Deceivingly cute and fuzzy creatures emerged from the craft. One stepped forward, apparently their leader, and in a deep booming voice demanded a dance off! Two glaringly different individuals locked eyes from across the dance floor. "IT'S ON!" screamed Judy, a 60 year-old astrologist. Mark, a real-estate agent, simply let out a high pitched war cry! Charging towards the dance floor in a fit of madness, Mark broke out in the sprinkler. Judy cackled and began flailing her arms wildly in her own version of the windmill. Mark countered with the c walk. In reply, Judy laughed triumphantly and jerked the most glorious jerk Mark had ever seen. He fell to his knees, heartbroken, a sad cry escaping his trembling lips. The alien straightened up and in one fell swoop barked, "FAIL," and decimated them both. He sighed, feeling quite unfulfilled in his quest to find the galaxy's best dancer. "Let's back it up boys!" he called over his shoulders as he boarded the ship. It was time to move on. Hopefully one day he could find his greatest opponent. One day, one galaxy, one dead mofo.


[Blogger’s choice #3: Submitted by Hailey C.]

Okay, I know it sounds weird but this is true. One time I was in my room on my computer and I went downstairs to ask my dad a question, but he was gone. In fact, my whole family was gone--even my little brother, who had been playing in his room at the time. I looked in every room but they were just gone. After about ten minutes I gave up looking, deciding they must’ve taken the dogs for a walk or something (now that I mention it, the dogs were gone too...). Twenty minutes later there was a noise like a loud clunk. It came from my parents’ room. I looked in and they were there with the dogs. When asked where they were, they looked at me like I had corn growing out of my ears. My theory? There are only two logical answers: 1. They were taken by aliens. Duh. The more likely answer: I was taken by aliens, but I can’t remember it because they put me in a medically induced coma; I was gone for days, or years even, but they were using their telepathic powers to make me think I was in my house with my family gone. It is indeed possible that I am still there. Has anything strange ever happened to you? Even something very small? Your friend talked in a weird voice? Your teacher forgot to check your homework? Your mom’s chili tasted good? The only logical answer: aliens! They control our world without us knowing. The perfect crime!

No comments:

Post a Comment