12/12/2009

Mission "Cupcakes"



[Blogger’s choice #1: Submitted by Felicity Miles]

Hail to thee, blithe cupcake!
Thou sprinkl'd, frosted sovereign of my senses!
Thy fragrance sweet; thy color rich; thy texture moist but solid;
the gasps of pleasure slipp'd from all who behold thee:
they excite my perceptions of smell, sight, touch, and hearing.
But thy greatest inspiration is 'pon my sense of taste!
In sweet anticipation, I await thee;
thy warm and tasty substance topp'd
with luscious chocolate excellence.
Thou chewy, gooey, exquisite perfection!
How I long to consume thee!
To make thy matter mingle with mine.
I behold once more thy superlative beauty,
and, heedless of propriety,
join thy perfection with my own flawed self,
making complete the joy begun
when first I beheld thy chocolaty magnificence.
Bite by bite I consume thee,
till all thy perfection resides within me.


[Blogger’s choice #2: Submitted by Ali]

cupcake, oh cupcake
why are thee so tasty?
please do not be so hasty
to be so tender and pasty

cupcake you fill me with glee
please, do not flee
I will let you be
soon you will see..

that cupcake, you are the only one
who can fill my life with sun
my sweet sugar-filled bun,
without you there would be no fun.

cupcake, I will miss you
never will I again hear you coo
your icing like pink goo
never will another do.


[Blogger’s choice #3: Submitted by Anonymous]

Oh, cup cake, how I would love to eat thee
All Christmas-themed with your frosting pine tree
My sister baked you with love for her boy
But to devour you myself would bring so much joy

A quick look, a swift hand, and the cupcake is gone
I’m sorry, dear sister, the tastebuds have won


[Blogger’s choice #4: Submitted by Renny]

Miniature cakes
so perfect and small
each time I see some,
I want to eat them all!
Lovely little cupcake
with frosting piled high
there is something about you that catches my eye.
Yummy cupcake, so delicious, its true
there is never a doubt
I'll always love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment