12/11/2009

Mission "Ninjas"



[Blogger’s choice #1: Submitted by Sandwich]

This is a hard story to tell, because it's about dying and vengeance and the monster living inside me. And those are all things I have trouble talking about.

I guess I'll just start. My name is Fredryck Sanrysocheque. I was born in Russia and didn't have much of a childhood. Some really terrible events transpired and... when you’re a kid, you don't know how to cope with intense emotions like that and you end up swimming in a pool of raw anger. The monster was born in that pool. It is a living embodiment of my hate and it is the most terrifying thing I have ever seen.

I don't think I can go into detail about the.... terrible events. But these... events, left my entire family dead. I spent a few years wandering from city to city before I was taken in by an old man to help him with his shop.

A few blissfully uneventful years went by and then another... event, took place. This... event, left the old man and 18 passersby dead. And so I started wandering again and I vowed to never stop. Because I knew if I stopped... bad things. Bad things would happen.

Eventually I made my way onto a cargo ship heading for Japan. We were out at sea for a month and.... Bad things. I swam the last few miles to shore. The ship never made it to port, they never figured out why.

Wandering.

I had to keep wandering. I don't know how.... but word got out about the bad things.... The terrible events. And people started showing up out of nowhere to attack me and... Bad things happened to them. I don't know who they were, but they always dressed in black.

One rainy night I came upon an old monastery. The monks took me in and gave me fresh clothes. They knew me. I could tell by the way they watched me. When I asked how they knew me, they just shook their heads and walked away. I stayed there for two days, I dared stay no longer, otherwise.... bad things. As I was leaving, a monk approached me. He told me that they knew about the bad things, about the monster. He told me that someone was looking for me. And then he went inside and they closed the gates.

I moved on. I tried not to think about what the monk told me. But it plagued my mind. Drove me mad and shook me to my very bones. Who was looking for me?

The answer came on a cold winter breeze and it took my breath away. I was standing alone on a winding mountain road and then... I wasn't alone. Someone was walking beside me. He was dressed all in black, but he didn't try to attack me. He just walked. We reached the end of the path, it led to a large clearing. I stopped, but the stranger kept going until he was ten feet ahead of me. He stood with his back to me for an eternity. I could not say a word. Slowly, he turned and removed his mask. Tears streamed down my brother's scared face.

The monster had given him that scar. I thought it had killed him. He told me about how he had also wandered, but not as long as I. For he was taken in by a group of traveling acrobats who had traveled from Japan and were on their way back there. The acrobats were members of a secret society of ninjas and when they heard my brother's tale they agreed to train him and help him in his search for vengeance.

I told him I was sorry. I told him to kill me. I told him that the monster was rising. I told him that my blood was boiling. He ran at me, and the monster burst forth and I disappeared into the depths of my mind. I awoke in a pool of blood. My brother lay dead beside me, his sword in my stomach.

I write this with my own blood, I feel my breath dragging out past the sword. My heart is slowing. I think it's time to wander again. I think it's time to sleep.


[Blogger’s choice #2: Submitted by Anonymous]

Once upon a time there was a group of female ninjas. I know what you’re thinking: ninjas are guys, not girls. WELL YOU’RE SEXIST!!!! Anyway, they would spend their time learning new moves and trying to keep themselves a secret, but then one day one of them came back saying that she was pregnant. They had never had a pregnant ninja in their group before and they didn’t know what to do, so they went to their leader. You couldn’t see the boss, for it was forbidden. The leader said that they must kill the pregnant one, for she was in no condition for being a ninja and would not be trusted. Once the leader said these words, everyone immediately took out their weapons and started throwing ninja stars at her. Since she couldn’t do a ninja duck (since her belly was so large), she jumped down to her hands and kicked a couple of them while dodging the ninja stars. She then took out hers and threw them at all the ninjas except the leader, who was able to catch the star in her hands. After killing almost all of them there, she ran out the door hearing the words, “This isn’t the last you’ll hear of me,” from the leader. But it was. The end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That first one is seriously dark...

Anonymous said...

I'm a ninja....

Post a Comment