12/06/2009

Mission "Coffee"




[Blogger’s choice #1: Submitted by Katie G.]

Ode to a Bean

If I plant you in the ground
there will be no beanstalk,
to lead me to a kingdom,
of which mortals only talk.
If I leave you on a table,
to behave the way you will,
There will be no jumping,
no leap to give me thrill.
Instead you sit quiet; brown, dignified.
So many things are there that you do signify.

It was you, you shapely bean,
in your glorious elixir,
that used the magic caffeine ,
as a hangover fixer.
You make my mornings bearable
you make my day pass quick.
The minutes that seem terrible
pass faster with each sip.
You are god-like; kind, merciful.
I could drink your sweet, sweet brew by the bucketful.

To conclude I say to you:
whether instant, decaf or ground.
There is no greater bean than you
Anywhere around!


(Also by same author, dedicated to Phillipos and General Gammon):

Within their jar they plot and scheme,
They are fiendish, those little brown beans!
007 doesn’t stand a chance when confronted
with their caffeinated charms!

It is the world they need and want,
They chuckle, giggle and taunt.
And they can do it, they can…boy, it sucks!
All with the help of the guys down at…STARBUCKS!


[Blogger’s choice #2: Submitted by Anonymous]

There's a small nation across the big sea,
Where coffee is beaten by tea,
It's called the UK
Where I'm sitting today
And I'm off to get a cuppa for me!


[Blogger’s choice #3: Submitted by Nikki Cooper]

As my teacher walks in with scalding hot coffee,
I picture the coffee as me, actually.
As it touches his lips
I think of his hand on my hips
Yes, the smell of hazelnut coffee
Makes me think of him softly.


[Blogger’s choice #4: Submitted by PinkLady]

Oh little black drink how you make me spaz
a little cream and sugar, and I'm all jazzed
You help me make it through the day
I hope this buzz doesn't go away
one cup in the morning to get me on the go
another in the evening, now enjoy the show
I'll got up and down and all around
no I'm not a ho
just give me that caffeine, and I'm on the go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment