11/29/2009

Mission "Ghosts"


[Blogger's choice: Written by viahale@live.com]


I'm posting this blog to find some help....or to share my story. My house is haunted by three ghosts and possibly one Brownie (a faerie that lives in walls: a collector, likes to steal shiny things to make a nest out of, and to pester humans they share a house with). Anyway, my house is made up of two apartments, side by side. Our side has a second floor, unlike the other. It seems that around the same time every year our tenants move out and the apartment remains empty until someone new moves in. When that area of the house is empty is when the majority of the activity occurs. We've called the police four times in the past three years because the door inside the hallway leading to the tenant's apartment will be knocked on, then it will open, and slam shut. My dad will yell at whoever or whatever is in there, then call the police to make sure it's not a robber or something. The same thing happens all the time; the cops come, guns drawn, search the apartment, find nothing, then leave. Ridiculous? Yup. They must think we're on drugs by now. Another time we had to call the police was when the tenants next door weren't home at like 2 a.m., and my mom was watching TV in the living room when she heard whining and scratching at our door (that leads into the hallway). So she got up and nervously opened the door, to find their dog alone in the entranceway. She woke my dad up and he called the police (sigh) and they came to find that the door the dog got out of was bolted from the inside, and there was no possible way the dog could have gotten out.

In more recent times, after that tenant moved out, my grandmother was painting one of the bedrooms of the empty apartment to get it ready for the next neighbor to move in. She was alone, it was raining outside and all the windows were closed and locked, as were the doors. Suddenly she heard a man's growling coming from the living room, and [it] lasted about thirty seconds. Frightened, she rushed into the room the sound had come from, and found absolutely nothing. Then she went into our apartment to see if it had come from the TV, but it was off and my mom and brother were asleep, my dad was at work, and I was at school. So my mom told me what happened and we went home, and I thought as a joke I would come in, sneak up on my still-painting grandmother and re-enact the sound my mom described to me. I scared the crap out of her, so she had me stay with her while she finished painting. My brother went down for a nap and I had the idea that my mom and I should try to contact the ghosts. We sat on the floor, recording on my cell phone, and when we re-played it, we found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwxWUcRi92E .

The knock-open-slam thing happened more frequently, so my mom called her friend (who's a witch) to get the old tenant's negative energies she left from anger and stress out of the wood, and to calm the spirits. She went through, sprinkling the windows and entryways with sea salt and burned incense in every room. It worked for a bit, until the really late summer or early fall when the knock-open-slam thing happened again, only now my dad was standing in front of the hallway and heard it right behind him. At that same time I was outside making Lost Cat posters with my little brother Zach, Emily, and Sarah. I had gone to check the mail, which was right outside the hallway, but didn't touch the door. I would have seen if anyone had entered or left. My dad called us all in the house to monitor all the exits to make sure no one left while he called the police outside in the shed. Three cop cars came and the neighbor, who lived in the house next door that used to be the carriage house for our house a hundred or so years ago, came over to see what was going on. We told him what had happened, and he told us it was completely normal in his house for the cabinet doors to open and shut right in front of him, and other things similar to what happens in our house happened to him all the time. As usual, the police found absolutely nothing and left; some officers there had been here before for the same reason. They must think we're insane.

But the more important part of that day was after the police left. Sarah, Emily, and I decided to walk around the house and look in the windows of the apartment. While we were looking in one, we saw a black shadow, shaped like a little person about two and a half feet high, dart from the kitchen into the next room and was then gone. We ran over to my mom, who was cooking something on the grill and were all like, "OMG YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE WHAT WE JUST SAW" and she told us to shush and wait to tell her later when my little brother (who's 4) was asleep. So we waited until later that night and we all sat down and she asked us what we saw. We told her, and she said that she saw the same thing at the same time from the grill but didn't want to say anything in front of Zach.

So now, they're stealing our stuff. It started with five of the steak knives being gone. Then my mom's car keys disappeared. My brother's Ben 10 Wii game is gone. Now Emily's iPod that she left here is gone. My mom and I are searching the entire house. They tend to like shiny things that mean something, so we've sacrificed my mom's favorite shiny earrings and one of my necklaces for her car keys and the iPod. If you can help us or know anyone that could/would help us, please message me or e-mail me at viahale@live.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment